Test Drive Meme
✭ Reply to this entry with a character you're considering apping into the game. You can include the name of your character and the fandom in your subject line.
✭ Check out our plot guide if you're interested in what's happened thus far!
✭ Comment around to others on the meme, whether you're in the game already or not.
✭ Now you have a sample ready for your application!
✭ So go reserve your character, and apply when apps are open.
✭ Seriously, do it.
To get you started, here are a few optional prompts for you to use if you so wish:
1. [Setting: Floor Twenty-Eight] There are musical instruments all around this floor, with a grand organ taking the center stage. It could be a good place to pick up a new skill or two! But wait... what's that? You hear music playing? Well, maybe there's someone already on the floor. Or maybe not... sometimes the instruments play themselves, after all.
2. [Setting: Floor Forty-Five] The walls on this floor are made of glass, which would be nice if there were anything to see. Sadly, there's not much, as the clouds are so thick at this height that you really can't make out if there's anything out there, anything below you, or anything above you. If you hear a skittering sound, that's just the faceless humanoid creatures crawling around on the outside windows. Don't worry, they can't get in... but they will skitter around to watch your every move.
3. [Setting: Floor Eighty-Eight] There's a bar here, and you better hope there's not any alcohol. Most of the time there isn't no matter how hard you look - but sometimes there is, and more often than not even a little bit of it will make you violently sick from alcohol poisoning. But if you're really lucky, you'll just get drunk. There's a pool table in the center of this always-smoky floor, so even if you can't drink you can still act all adult and sophisticated.
4. [Setting: Floor Twenty-Two] Are you a cultured person? Then this is the floor for you. It seems to be an art gallery, and there are paintings from many different worlds on display here - maybe even one or two from yours! But don't get lost, because if you do, you may not like what you see. Paintings of the worst atrocities known to mankind have been known to be on display around here, and if you're really unlucky, you'll stumble across an entire section filled with paintings of the things you fear most.
5. [Setting: Floor Ninety-Four] This is a darkroom, and it's okay if you don't own a camera, because there are a few old-fashioned ones you can borrow to take pictures. Maybe this is a good time to pick one up and try your hand at photography. Or maybe you've turned off the lights, but if that's so, don't look too closely at the shadows. They'll sometimes become humanoid figures that will follow you around, and if you look directly at them they'll possess you, crawling into your throat - you won't be able to leave the floor, and you'll try to kill anyone who enters, but this will only last until you are killed or the lights are turned on.
6. [Setting: Floor Three] A bookworm will feel right at home here, among the towering shelves filled with books of all kinds. You won't find anything about the history of the Tower, though, and you certainly won't find anything about the world you or anyone else here came from, but if you're looking for a tale to read or something to study up on, you're in the right place.
7. [Setting: Anywhere] Uh-oh. That's a monster, or maybe more than one of them. You might be equipped to handle it or you might not. But the question is, what do you do? Do you face it head on... or do you flee? Or maybe the monster has already spotted you, and you're in need of a rescue. That's alright. It happens quite often here.